Reliability is crucial to the effectiveness of your security system, your feeling of safety and the financial consequences in case of a burglary. Therefore, it is important to make a service and support agreement on the Fog Cannon™ installation with an authorized alarm installer.
PROTECT recommends a service check of the Fog Cannon™ installation once a year.
A service check typically consists of:
- Visual inspection of the fog fluid (the shelf life of an unopened container is 5 years and 2 years from the date of installation). If discolored, the fog fluid should be discarded
- Examination of the battery’s load ability and age (batteries of 2 years or more should always be replaced)
- Examination of any fault messages on the Fog Cannon™
- Visual inspection of the nozzle (is it intact and free of foreign bodies?)
- Checking the tamper switches
- Verification of the verifying sensor
- Full-scale test, where the interaction with all systems is tested (also a possible fire alarm system)
Support here and now
If suddenly a fault arises, or in case the fluid container must be replaced, you should contact an authorized alarm installer (typically where you purchased the Fog Cannon™).
Read the Fog Cannon™ signals
A PROTECT Fog Cannon™ provides audible (short beeps) and visual signals (flashing LEDs on the front).
Overview of LEDs *:
- A Green LED flashes, when power is applied to the Fog Cannon™. The green LED lights up constantly, when the Fog Cannon™ has reached its working temperature and is ready for firing
- A Yellow LED lights up when the fluid level is low
- All LEDs turn off when the alarm is connected
- Red LED:
o One flash per 10 sec. means failure of mains power **
o Three blinks per 10 sec. means signal from any fire alarm system for Fog Cannon™ *
o Four flashes per 10 sec. means low battery voltage **
o Constant flashing: Serious error requiring intervention from an alarm installer *
* Diodes on Xtratus: See manual page 24, left column
** Requires service visits – Contact your alarm installer